Google Adsense ads are priced at $0.01 to over $36 per click, but the publisher has not control over the minimum Earning per Click. The Google Adsense Program decides which ad to display based on the keywords on the content page and the number of ad slots. If we could somehow remove the low paying ads, we could make more money online. Let’s see how to remove those Low Paying Adsense Ads.
Suppose, a publisher gets 100 clicks on average any given day. If his Adsense Ads are priced ad $0.01 per click, he will earn $1. What if it is $3 of $4 per click? Well, you can’t ensure that every click will be of $3 or above, but you can remove those ads that pay you nothing. ($0.01 is nothing).
Removing Low Paying Ads that Give You Nothing
Google Adsense has a Competitive Ad Filter which was originally indented to remove ads from competing websites or business corporations (Intel would never want AMD Processor’s Ads to run on their pages). In our case, the Low Paying ads are our competition so we can use the links of those sites and get rid of them. But how will we know who are the low paying advertisers?
Thankfully, AdsBlackList helps you find those low paying advertisers on your website. AdsBlackList maintains a constantly updated list of Low Cost per Click (LCPC) Advertisers and Made for Adsense (MFA) Advertisers. Based on the keywords on your site, ABL find out which ads are most probable to appear on your site. Then it generates a list of Top 200 LCPC and MFA advertisers. You can copy this list into the Competitive Ad Filer in Adsense and start blocking the low paying ads!
- Go to AdsBlackList Homepage and Register.
- From the Sidebar, Go to My Account >> Add New Domain
- Give the Site Name, URL and up to 20 keywords. Make sure that the most relevant keywords are included (incase you have more than 20 keywords)
- From Sidebar, Click Generate Filter List. The ‘Available Domains’ will list the domains that you have added in the previous step. Drag and Drop the domain under consideration to the ‘Keywords from Selected Domains’ box.
- Choose the type of Filter list needed, i.e. MFA ads and / or LCPC ads and press Submit.
- Copy the generated list.
- Login to Google AdSense and go to AdSense Setup >> Competitive Ad Filter.
- Paste the list in the AdSense for Content box. You may also paste the same list in AdSense for Search and AdSense for Feeds as well, if you use any of them.
- Press ‘Save Changes’ and you are ready to earn more with every click!
Ever since I started using AdsBlackList, I haven’t seen $0.01 for any click. AdsBlackList is still in beta and is constantly updated their Black List. So you have to regenerate the list after a while to block the new Low Paying Advertisers that might be using your ad space, yet paying you nothing ($0.01 is nothing!)