Unlike most Web-Wares, Twitter has no lower limit on the characters in the username, though; each tweet is limited to 140 characters. Writing sensible stuffs in short words is the fun part of tweeting. The username precedes all the @replies to tweets, so the shorter the username, the longer can be the message part. A longer username leaves less room for the message part.
But if you are thinking of taking a single character username, just like I did today morning, you will find that all short names have been taken. Early Bird Catches The Worm! Let me honor the early birdies.
Twitter : Popular micro blogging platform, details here. (Now that’s what I call a base post!)
Tweepl : is a commonly used slang for people who use twitter a.k.a tweeps, a.k.a. twitterer a.k.a Tweeps
The Tweeps with the Shortest Names
I thought I should include the bio too so that you can decide whom to follow right from here! (Do you need a link to their profile? It’s not hard to find them, lol)
Listed in the order @username – Real Name – Bio (links from bio removed and bio truncated to meet the layout )
- @a – Andrei Zmievski – I’m Russian. ’nuff said.
- @b – Ben Bradley – I’m like a chimney sweep, but for the intarweb toobs
- @c – Coley Wopperer – I’m a very serious designer—a seriously joyous designer! Life is grand 🙂
- @d – Dave – Bio missing
- @e – Erin – Bio missing
- @f – Fred Oliveira – Bio Designer-developer hybrid. I like to make people smile. (…)
- @g – Greg Leding – Trouble is my business.
- @h – Helgi Þormar – Whacky
- @i – Sarah – Bio missing
- @j – Juliette – UX, SF, Lumos Labs
- @k – Kevin Cheng – See online
- @l – Ant – Bio missing
- @m – Mark Douglass – See online
- @n – Naoki Hiroshima – A guy who cares nothing but his family and his friends, and what they care.
- @o – Oliver Thylmann – Geek, Blogger since 2001, Entrepreneur, Performance Advertising
- @p – Paolo I – Things never happened in this order. maybe they never happened at all. (…)
- @q – This username cannot be used. Maybe its reserved for the search functionality
- @r – Rex Hammock – founder/ceo of Hammock Inc.
- @s – Sandy – I’m Sandy, your personal email assistant. I’ll remember the details so you can (…)
- @t – Tantek Çelik – barcamp bicycler buildingblocks climber cultural evolution hacker (…)
- @u – U – Bio missing
- @v – William Lawrence – vé, ℣, vittu, & versus all stand for veeliam. And, he stands for Accessibility.
- @w – Walter – exec producer of my life. Where’s my cast?
- @x – Gene x – photographer and friend of lemurs
- @y – ReYhan – essir my aura is orchestral but way fresher!
- @z – me – Bio missing
- @_ – Dave Bug – Likely subjects: Woot.com, St. Louis, iPhone, politics, css/html, design (…)
- @0 – 0 Zine – The most excellent home-made Zine in the world. No, the universe even.
- @1 – Numero Uno – Oldest digit. I put the “uni” in “universe”
- @2 – Mysteriously Unnamed – Bio missing
- @3 – NewsAlert – NewsAlerts For Pakistan Without tinyURL..BBCsa & DawnNews
- @4 – 4 – 4!
- @5 – 5 – Bio missing
- @6 – R. Adrián Lamo – I am not a number. I am a free man!! >:o” — or something like that.
- @7 – Peng – Bio missing
- @8 – 8 – Bio missing
- @9 – 9 – Bio missing
- @ArunBasilLal – Arun Basil Lal – (lol. That’s me 😛 )
Guess you all were the first people to join twitter. Kudos to all of you!
Here is me . @amalroy – Amal Roy
I never thought of asking them to share their usernames, You gave it a start 🙂
Cheers to all..
This is good, if you have special Tweepl. My Tweepl is @AlokYadawa
The problem is that all special usernames are taken. Atleast the shortest ones are gone. 🙁
Thanks for sharing your username
@niharmaniyar is Nihar Maniyar!
Thanks for sharing, but I seriously think you should read the Twitter Quick Start Guide 🙂 You will defenitely start getting more followers!
@charakjagan is charakjagan
You are on my hit list from long ago, thanks for sharing it here!
Here is mine : @sam890060
Sam – My Nickname and 890060 – My 10th Register no ! 😉
Cool. Thanks for sharing 🙂
Very unusual and witty post. I guess we all missed this trick and perhaps all these very short names were taken in the very early days of twitter.
I love this list – I search these kinds of things on Twitter all the time, like @table and such. Will you marry me –
Ahem, excuse me? lol (for the last part)
Thank u for psting those names sadly none of them hrlped me i have been trying for like a day straight so if u have more please please please put them out hurry thnks though!!!!!!! 🙂
wooh I got in quick @zak
My twitter :
Started pretty early huh? I had this habit of using the same username everywhere, should have gone for ABL or something. Darn it. lol.
Cool blog btw 🙂